Monday, July 28, 2008

Hello Fellow Pharmacist Warriors

I'm new to blogging but felt I had to give it a try. I never knew pharmacy blogs existed until someone sent me a copy of the DrugMonkey's classic "Why Your Prescription Takes So Damn Long to Fill," and from then on I was hooked. I enjoy reading all the blogs on Pharm-Land and
I have laughed and learned a lot from my colleagues. I presently work in a clinic pharmacy and before that worked for a long time in hospital pharmacy. I've been in my present position about 8 years and still consider myself an amateur -- still not quite in the same league as pharmacists who've worked retail for 20+ years and seen it all. But I'm gettin' there! I'm not whip-smart like the DrugMonkey or a great writer, but I know I will find it therapeutic to post as often as possible and exchange comments with the pharmacy blogosphere. As Stephen Colbert would say, you guys are the heroes!

2 comments:

EC said...

Welcome! I love reading other pharmacist blogs.....lets me know I'm not the only frustrated "I can't believe I went to school for this" pharmacist out there! Look forward to reading!

Anonymous said...

Good luck--blogging is a creative way to deal with what is literally handed you at the prescription counter. Reading and replying to blogs is not the same as a good pharmacy friend, but is therapeutic, and eye-opening.
Good luck and welcome!