Saturday, November 3, 2012

Boogie on Down


I love scanning the chain-store ads for new OTC products -- not only because I get asked about them, but because it's always interesting to see what's "NEW!" -- that is, same ingredients in a different form.  One of
my favorite marketing devices is when they take an external product and put it in the form of a 'wipe.'
So we have eye-makeup remover wipes, facial cleansing wipes, bum-cleansing wipes, disinfectant wipes, furniture polish wipes, and so on.   But "Boogie Wipes" really has to be my favorite one so far.   Forget the Kleenex, ladies and gentlemen!!  This is the wave of the future!

6 comments:

Mrs. Higrens said...

I know it's a ripoff but I spend the money because I'd rather spend the time/energy it would take to otherwise scrape crusted snot off my toddler doing something more productive like savoring that first glass of wine after s/he goes to bed.

Anonymous said...

Argh! Now all I can think of is that old song "Boogie Nights"...

Anonymous said...

when boogie wipes came out here in Canada, they arrived in the same shipment as an anti-itch body powder called "anti-monkey butt" powder. LOL.

CrownedwithVictory said...

I buy them. If I could find durable saline wipes that are OK for my nose-picking, afraid-of-boogers-in-his nose autistic son, I would use them instead. Anything to get his finger out of his nose is worth $$ to me!

Crazy RxMan said...

Clearly this is a product for truly snotty people.

Anonymous said...

I actually really like these. Although I've never considered them prescription anything, just an alternate to a kleenex. They are nice for when kiddos noses are crusted shut. The wipes are wet and have a pleasant smell so the kids don't scream and run in all directions when you pull them out to start wiping snotty noses.