I know there are people way worse off than me right now, but I'm gonna complain about stuff anyway. It helps to get it off my chest. Maybe it's just the cabin fever talking.
1. PIGSTY PHARMACIES. Half eaten food, water bottles, pop cans, dirty dishes. Make it go away.
2. ENDLESS CHIT-CHAT. Worked with someone last week who wouldn't stop talking. Stop it! I can't think. I can't concentrate. No problem, I'll just do all the work while you are chatting. Why are you here again?
3. FAILING TECHNOLOGY. The computer system is slow. The computer system is down. The register is down. Why don't we just hang a sign on the door: Go Away, We Don't Want Your Business. How's that for a business model?
4. FOREIGN NAMES. I'm sorry, but you're going to have to spell it. Rattling it off and staring at me defiantly isn't going to get us anywhere.
5. GIVE ME YOUR NAME. Speaking of staring, announcing you're here to pick up a prescription and then staring at me silently isn't getting us anywhere either. I'm gonna need your name. Think about it, you'll catch on.
6. FLEX SPENDING CARDS. What a pain in the ass these are, and I know they make them that way on purpose.
7. ASKING ME HOW LONG IT'S GOING TO TAKE. Did you ask the nurse that question? Did you ask the doctor that question? Did you tell the doctor to hurry up because you have to get back to work? And when I give you my best-guess answer, don't argue or try to bargain with me. Believe me, this is no fun for me either.
8. AND OTHER THINGS THAT JUST IRRITATE ME RIGHT NOW. The main selling point for a pregnancy test is that it's the "easiest to read." What a great start in life for the kid who's mother is too dumb to read the test....
9. THE WINTER OLYMPICS (and the summer olympics) cost too much money. The Beijing Olympic stadium is sitting in disuse and rotting. What a waste.
I can't wait till spring.