Friday, July 9, 2010

Survey Says........

I admit it, I bury my nose in Vanity Fair magazine every month. The last page is always devoted to the Proust Questionnaire, a 'personality' questionnaire usually given to a celebrity or other famous person. The answers can be serious, creative, funny, or a combination of all. I think my favorite answer was Conan O'Brien's, when asked, "What is your idea of perfect happiness?" he answered, "A walk on the beach with my Israeli bodyguards."

Anyway, I always wanted to try it -- it's a little harder than you think, but kind of fun.
Give it a whirl.

The Proust Questionnaire

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
( Nerd alert! ---)
Being in the middle of a really, really good book that I can't wait to pick up every night.

What is your greatest fear?
What isn't?..... but let's start with making a mistake at work that hurts somebody.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Rosie the Riveter.

Which living person do you most admire?
Tough choice. One pair that comes to mind is Bill and Melinda Gates, for using their great wealth the way it ought to be used -- to save lives and try to change the world.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Reticence.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
An overblown sense of their own importance.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Expensive food treats.

On what occasion do you lie?
To protect the weak.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
At the moment?..My upper arms.

When and where were you happiest?
Right after becoming licensed as a pharmacist -- I had a full-time job, my own car and my own apartment... everything I had worked for, and I was happier than a pig in shit.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
More confidence.

If you could change one thing about your family what would it be?
Make it larger.

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Being (I hope) a productive member of society.

If you died and came back as a person or thing what do you think it would be?
A career girl, like in a Doris Day movie, in late 1950's Manhattan.

What is your most treasured possession?
My home.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Watching a child leave the pharmacy with an openly harsh and uncaring parent.

Who are your heroes in real life?
People who face aging and illness with dignity and humor.

What is it that you most dislike?
Those who celebrate, and propagate, ignorance.

How would you like to die?
Fast asleep. On second thought, scratch that ---- like Thelma & Louise.

What is your motto?
Be responsible for your own happiness.

No comments: