Saturday, September 13, 2008

I hit the communication gap

Neither my company nor my wholesaler could explain the Sandoz Azithromycin suspension recall yesterday. Is this the deal where Pfizer claims it is misbranded? Considering we go through the stuff like there's no tomorrow, I figured someone could give us the lowdown so I would know how to reassure the wide-eyed mom who thanked me for not giving her child a 'recalled medicine.' Our company has a great tool to communicate with all its pharmacists (it's called "e-mail" ) but apparently couldn't figure out how to do it. Frustrating.

6 comments:

Phathead said...

Weird I haven't heard anything about that recall yet...

Frantic Pharmacist said...

It is weird, and we even got an insurance reject citing the recall.
The Walgreens down the street seemed to know about it too but I still can't find any further information on it.

Mike Craycraft said...

It really irritates me that email is not used appropriately. In the medical center I will get the daily email for the lunch menu but main issues are never communicated appropriately.

Anonymous said...

We got the fax from our wholesaler, but the explanation was that paperwork at the manufacturer's was missing. Makes one wonder what really happened.

Frantic Pharmacist said...

Yep, it seems it was due to "deficiencies in validation and documentation controls". Somebody was asleep at the switch?

Phathead said...

Gotta wonder if it's a regional thing because I still haven't seen anything for that yet. These yahoo's are gettin busted left and right for stuff, saw on the news earlier about all the Ranbaxy issues too