Monday, January 5, 2009

Time was on my side

I managed to cobble together a few days off over the holidays and it sure was nice. I especially liked staying up later at night knowing I didn't have to hit the alarm at 6am and get ready to face the onslaught.

It's just nice to feel you've got a little time stretching out in front of you. I read "Scarpetta" by Patricia Cornwell and started "Revolutionary Road." I always like reading the year-end issues of Time and Newsweek. I went to see the new movie "Milk" and rented "Little Miss Sunshine" (again). Got to watch some TV too! -- Discovery Channel "Planet Earth", the always great "Seinfeld" re-runs, the Ron Howard retrospective on TCM and Sci-Fi Channel's reruns of the old Twilight Zone series (love those!). I even got to see a Christmas "musical" live show.

Not as exciting as going to Cancun or Hawaii or Europe, but this year it suited me just fine.
Christmas travel sucked anyway!

And now, going back to work, we shall all observe the Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not ask me why thy copay has gone up when thou just handed me a brand new insurance plan.
A-men.

No comments: